Friday, November 14, 2008

Bossa Nova Blog

Butt (Day 4)
So the timing of this cook is a little bit weird since we are eating it for lunch at work. Given the 12:30pm eat time, I woke up at 4:30am and opened all the vents on the Egg. The reason for this is you want to bring the the butt to 190 degrees before you pull it of the grill. Once the butt is at 190 degrees you can remove it and cover it with foil to cool down before you start pulling it.

Because I had some extra time on my hands I made the BBQ sauce. This sauce is one that Scooter shared with me and I like it.

2 cups cider vinegar
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon Tabasco
2 teaspoons hat red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons black pepper

I also picked up the potato rolls and slaw from Wegman's. Once you are all set to eat put some butt on the bun, add slaw, and enjoy. I hope you like your butt - I do.

No comments: